WHY A BLOG?
Since the inception of Curious Tourist Travel in 2011, we’ve been plugged into social media – namely Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram – to stay connected to our clients and fellow travel-lovers. They’re all great outlets to quickly share travel-related information, news, and pictures; however, there are obvious shortcoming when one is limited to 140 characters in a single post.
The intent of this blog isn’t to
opine wax lyrical about my travel adventures (of which I have many!), but rather to explore and discuss relevant travel topics weaving my personal travel experiences throughout the posts as a means of adding perspective.
And there will be times I will just tell travel stories because everyone likes a good story.
WHERE HAVE I BEEN (or what makes me qualified to write about traveling)?
|Germany x 27??||France x 2||Italy x 2|
|Norway x 2||England x 2||The Netherlands|
|Austria x 2||Switzerland x 2||Czech Republic|
|Poland x 2||Hungary x 3||Croatia|
|Montenegro||Turkey||Jamaica x 2|
|Dominican Republic||S. Caribbean (USVI, Grenada, St. Kitts, Dominica)||Ethiopia|
|Iraq (Kurdistan) x 6?||Afghanistan x 2||Jordan|
|Israel & West Bank||U.A.E. x 4||India x 6?|
WHO ARE YOU…REALLY?
Because of my frequent travels, I’ve had friends wonder if I actually work for a certain three-letter Government agency (I do not). Aside from my travel business, I (still) have a 9-5 job in international development that provides me the opportunity to travel around the world. Leisure trips are self-funded and squeezed in throughout the year maxing out all of my vacation days…and then some. Some other interesting tidbits about me:
- I’m very afraid of ferris wheels and ski lifts…anything that rocks really.
- I am bilingual and speak German; my husband speaks Russian. Sometimes we barely understand each other and we both speak English. 😛
- I like scary movies and shows about the paranormal. I would like to do a paranormal investigation in England someday.
- I LOVE to cook. I’m constantly on the search for new recipes, especially of really good meals I’ve had while traveling.
- I also really like karaoke. So much so that my husband bought me a small portable karaoke machine to use at home 😀
If there is a travel issue or question that you’d like to see discussed in future posts, make sure to contact me!