It’s not everyday that the beautiful and free-spirited mind behind Travel Chick Diaries bestows a wonderful honor on yours truly…MY FIRST BLOG AWARD!!!
I think this GIF really sums up my level of excitement —
Okay, so now that that’s out of the way, the Lighthouse Award was created in 2013 as a way to “recognize the people who have created beautiful, heartwarming, and inspirational blogs” and to honor those who bring a little ray of light into our world.
I am SO thankful and appreciative of all of my readers – both those who follow regularly and those who find my blog by accident – who have found my posts over these last few months interesting and inspiring.
Besides being a place to share great travel tips, stories, and news, I also hope this blog helps you to:
1. Become a better and smarter traveler. There are so many choices and disclaimers when it comes to booking a trip these days. The more educated you are about what your choices are, the better you can make a decision about what best suits your travel needs (and wallet!).
2. Realize that travel is scalable. You don’t have to travel halfway around the world for it to count! Travel opportunities are all around you whether its an afternoon visiting your local sights and attractions or just taking a day trip to a locale within 3 hours of you. Don’t ever feel limited by your environment or intimidated by travel stories from others.
3. LAUGH. Shit happens when you travel, and often at the most inconvenient of times. Learn from my mistakes and the lessons of your fellow travel bloggers. Then go make your own. You’ll laugh about it later.
In the spirit of the Lighthouse Award, here are few blogs that I enjoy and will surely bring a little bit of light into your life as well:
For those nominated, let’s keep the light going! Here’s how:
• Display the Award Certificate on your blog.
• Write a post and link back to the blogger that nominated you.
• Inform your nominees of their award nominations.
• Share three ways that you like to help others.
• Nominate as many bloggers as you like.
Now – who’s ready to get lost?